- Porting Assistant
- Speeds your port to Tru64 UNIX
The Porting Assistant is a software development tool that helps you
port your source code to Tru64 UNIX from other UNIX and HP OpenVMS
Why do you need the Porting Assistant?
- Because differences exist between dialects of UNIX and between
OpenVMS and UNIX.
- Because 32-bit applications are typically written with assumptions
about word size, availability of physical memory, virtual address
space, etc. and moving to 64-bits can expose parts of your program
that inadvertently rely on these 32-bit properties.
The Porting Assistant identifies C, C++ and Fortran code that may not
compile or run properly on Tru64 UNIX. It also provides tools and online
information that empower you to modify your code so it runs optimally on
Using an intuitive Motif-based GUI, the Porting Assistant helps you:
- Locate code that may need to be changed to run effectively on
- Understand why the changes are needed
- Make the necessary changes
The Porting Assistant Version 3.0 runs on Versions 4.0 or later of
Tru64 UNIX and requires an Alpha workstation or server. Select
hardware and software requirements for more information.