In order to run the
Porting Assistant Version 3.0, you need the following typical software
- Any Alpha system capable of running Tru64 UNIX V4.0 and higher.
- Workstation monitor - The Porting Assistant has an X-based Motif
and Common Desktop Environment (CDE) interface that requires a
workstation monitor as a display (limitations of Excursion and X
servers that run on Microsoft Windows may prevent the full suite of
Porting Assistant tools from displaying concurrently on such an X
- A minimum of 64 Mbytes of memory.
- 196 Mbytes of swapspace.
- Disk space:
- 34 Mbytes of space on a file system.
- No required space on the root file system.
- No additional space during installation.
The Porting Assistant Version 3.0 runs on Tru64 UNIX Versions 4.0 and
higher. The Developers' Toolkit is a prerequisite for running the
Porting Assistant. For more information on the Developers' Toolkit,