The ASU Version 5.1B-3 kit provides
enhancements and corrections for problems found
in the ASU Version 5.1B-2 software, including
ECO1 and in earlier versions of the ASU
Some of the enhancements and corrections in the
ASU Version 5.1B-3 kit:
- The ASU server is now able to notify clients of changes made by UNIX
programs and commands.
- The ASU server now supports mailslot messages sent to the cluster alias IP
- ASU now supports locales with an expanding character set such as the UTF-8
codeset, for example, fi_FI.UTF-8 or ja_JP.UTF-8, for file names and pathnames.
- Interoperability between smbfs on a Linux client and the ASU server has been
- The elfread command has been enhanced with three new options for managing
ASU event log settings.
- A new registry parameter, MemberUseAnyDC, can improve connection response
time by allowing an ASU member server to use any available domain controller for
validating authentication requests.
- Two new lanman.ini parameters, logunixpasswordchgsuccess and
logunixpasswordchgfailure, have been added under the [lmxserver] section to
control the logging of UNIX password changes by the ASDUPASS utility and also by
the ASU server when the SyncUnixPassword registry entry is enabled.
- The pccheck client tool has been enhanced with a new option, -escalate, to
collect the system configuration of Windows NT systems. The files are collected
in compressed form, as a cab file, in the pccheck directory.
ASU Version 5.1B-3 Release Notes for a
complete list of new features, functionality,
and corrected problems.
You can Install the ASU Version 5.1B-3 software
on a system running the Tru64 UNIX Version 4.0F
or higher operating system software. The ASU
Version 5.1B-3 software can be used to
- Install the ASU software on a Tru64 UNIX
system for the first time.
- Upgrade previous versions of the ASU
Note: You can no longer directly upgrade PATHWORKS for DIGITAL UNIX
(Advanced Server) to ASU. See the
ASU Version 5.1A ECO1 Release Notes for information on upgrading PATHWORKS
for DIGITAL UNIX (Advanced Server) to ASU. These release notes and other ASU
documentation are available from this website: