This ECO1 kit
provides enhancements and corrections for problems
found in the ASU Version 5.1B software, and in
earlier versions of the ASU software.
Some of the corrections in ASU Version 5.1B
- Many ASU logon problems (for example,
"cannot find domain controller") can be
resolved through the setting of the new "ccmsgtodcname"
lanman.ini parameter to "no".
- Roaming profiles in Windows XP ® can now
be saved if UseUnixGroups is selected.
- Windows 2000 ® users can now access a
Microsoft Excel 2000 ® document with a
shared workbook in an ASU share.
- Printer shares can now be configured
using an “extra listen name” as the server
- Files with names beginning with “.” can
be treated as “hidden” files and not
- UNIX file or directory permissions can be
automatically updated whenever a Windows NT
® Access Control List is created or updated
through use of the SyncUnixPerms registry
entry. In addition, Windows NT ® groups can
be mapped to UNIX groups.
- The ASU server now automatically
disconnects null sessions to inactive
clients after a default time of 5 minutes
ASU Version 5.1B ECO1 Release Notes for a
complete list of new features, functionality,
and corrected problems. You install the ASU
Version 5.1B ECO1 software on a system running
the Tru64 UNIX Version 4.0F or higher operating
system software. You can use the ASU Version
5.1B ECO1 software to
- Install the ASU software on a Tru64 UNIX
system for the first time.
- Upgrade previous versions of the ASU
Note: You can no longer
directly upgrade PATHWORKS for DIGITAL UNIX
(Advanced Server) to ASU. See the
ASU Version 5.1A ECO1 Release Notes for
information on how to upgrade PATHWORKS for
DIGITAL UNIX (Advanced Server) to ASU.